Monthly gathering of local environmental groups to share information and discuss local environmental issues.
This month's topics:
• Denton gas plants - where are we and what can we do about the vote
• Gibbons Creek coal-fired power plant of which Garland and Denton are partners) - I need help in contacting Garland Council/officials regarding the sale/or closure of this power plant. If Garland folks can contact me ahead of Thur., I'm happy to discuss.
• The sale of oil/gas leases in places are proposed on more than 34,000 acres of national forest under a local DFW water supply lake, in the Davy Crockett and Sam Houston National Forest - find out how you or your groups can help
• Upcoming Climate Change movie w/Josh Fox Feb. 17
• Review the TCEQ hearing and what's next - we have letters we need to write
• RRC Commission race and Lon Burnam - an easy way to help without money
• Preparing for the RRC Sunset coming up
• Earth Wind & Fire Conference part II
• Update on Keystone XL - Landowners having problems
• Clean Water Fund needs places to give water conservation presentations
Info: Rita Beving, firstname.lastname@example.org.