11th annual event hosted by Dallas College.
The keynote topics include:
• How respect for self and others improves civic engagement and civil discourse
• Civil discourse – how we can move beyond our seemingly intractable wars of ideas
Additional topics to be explored are:
• Why voting matters
• How service-learning benefits both the givers and receivers
• Can Mindfulness and Compassion Training Increase Responsiveness and Resilience to the Climate Crisis?
• Media Literacy: How to Spot Misinformation Online
• Reflective Structured Dialogues
• Sustainability for Self: How to Have the Time and Energy for Civic Engagement
• Three Questions that Can Transform the World
The Sustainability Summit will be followed by the 2021 Texas Regional Alliance for Campus Sustainability (TRACS) Summit Nov. 8 - 9. The theme of the event is “Hope for the Future.“ It will provide educational opportunities for students, faculty, staff and community members on five specific Sustainable Development Goals that address hunger, health, education, inequality and climate change.
Both the Sustainability Summit and TRACS Summit will be held virtually and there is no charge for registration. This is part of Dallas College’s ongoing commitment to encourage social responsibility and provide access to low or no cost sustainability education to all the citizens of Texas.