Holiday Trail of Lights - McKinney
Bundle up your family, get out of the house, and experience the most unique holiday lighting display in North Texas!
Support the Heard and have fun with the whole family at this fun holiday event. See thousands of holiday décor and lights—many synchronized to holiday music—along a half mile Heard nature trail. Have a photo taken with Father Christmas and Mother Nature in a festive setting. Enjoy hot beverages and treats. Family-friendly entertainment will complement the holiday atmosphere. Listen to live holiday music in the Heard outdoor amphitheater performed by local groups. New this year: watch for strolling carolers and entertainers!
$7 for Adults
$4 for Kids 3-12
FREE for Kids ages 2 & under
Please bring a copy of your confirmation email for check-in.
Tickets at the door
$8 for adults
$5 for kids ages 3-12
Free for kids ages 2 & under
$9 for adults
$6 for kids 3-12
Free for kids ages 2 & under
• Support The Heard’s Mission of Bringing People & Nature Together.
• Walk through thousands of holiday lights and décor along a ½ mile nature trail – many synchronized to music! See the majesty of a 300-year-old Burr Oak spotlighted along the trail. Our lighting display is designed to enhance the natural beauty of our sanctuary, not overpower it.
• 94.9 KLTY - Live On-Site on Saturday, December 17, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm.
• Stop and visit with Father Christmas and Mother Nature. Have a complimentary photo made by Clix Photography! (Photo orders can be placed online after the event.)
• Stay warm with a hot beverage and treats sold by either Coffee & Cream (Saturday & Sunday) or Whole Foods (Monday). (Portion of the proceeds benefit The Heard!) Only cash will be accepted for Coffee and Cream and Whole Foods beverage purchases – no credit.
• Enjoy the sounds of a live holiday concert on our outdoor amphitheatre stage each night from 7 to 8:30 p.m.
• Saturday – “Tuned In” Band
• Sunday – “McKinney Community Band”
• Monday – “Cottonwood Creek Baptist Church Choir, Orchestra and Worship Team”
• Watch for strolling carolers and other entertainers including:
• Saturday – Note-Ably North Texas Women’s Barbershop Chorus and an ensemble
from McKinney Boyd Choir
• Sunday – Popular Gravity
• See the museum’s newest indoor exhibit Animal Superheroes which features the special abilities of our very own animal ambassadors.
• Shop for last-minute gifts from vendors such as Huck's Treehouse.
• To avoid waiting in long lines and higher prices at the door, we strongly recommend purchasing your tickets in advance, online.
• In support of The Heard’s Mission of Bringing People & Nature Together, our lighting display is designed to enhance the natural beauty of our sanctuary, not overpower it.
• Guests may bring in their own picnic dinner and non-alcoholic beverages.
• Please note that this is a come-and-go event. To avoid traditionally larger crowds, we suggest arriving after 7:30 p.m.
• In our experience, it takes approximately 30 minutes to casually walk along the trail.
• While our indoor exhibits are wheelchair and stroller accessible, the Heard nature trails are not currently wheelchair nor walker accessible. The trails are not paved and are only accessible to jogging strollers (not umbrella strollers).
• Please allow for plenty of time to deal with increased traffic to and from The Heard and parking/shuttle delays.
• No pets, except service animals, are allowed on The Heard’s property.
• Only cash will be accepted for Coffee and Cream and Whole Foods beverage purchases – no credit.
• Parking is free, but please note that there is a strong possibility that you will have to park some distance away from the main entrance.
• A parking drop-off area is available.
• In the event that our parking lot fills up, a courtesy shuttle will be running between Puster Elementary School and The Heard from 5:30 to 9 p.m. Please look for directional signs along Country Club/FM 1378.