What’s happening in and around Dallas / Fort Worth? If it’s green or it involves the outdoors, it’s listed here!
If your nonprofit group or organization would like to list your events in GreenSourceDFW, please submit it via email to email@example.com. Events will be screened.
Thu, 06/28/2012 - 8:00am - Sat, 06/30/2012 - 4:00pm
Fri, 06/29/2012 - 8:00am - Sat, 06/30/2012 - 1:00pm
The Downtown Arlington Farmer’s Market is a community-oriented market focusing on Texas provided foods, arts, crafts, services and wares. We are located at 215 Front Street Arlington, Texas 76011 and we open every Friday and Saturday from 8AM to 1PM.
The goal of the market is to provide a venue for local vendors to offer Arlington, Texas residents an opportunity to buy the freshest meat, produce, breads and other great foods, crafts and products available.
Please take the time to share and enjoy the health benefits of eating fresh foods and feel good about supporting your community Downtown Arlington Farmer’s Market. We look forward to seeing you there!
Sat, 06/30/2012 - 8:00am - 12:00pm
Grass fed beef, natural pork & chicken, eggs from free range hens, Gulf coast seafood, wild-caught Alaska salmon, tomatoes, lettuces and varieties of greens, herbs, beets, turnips, radishes, spring and large onions, mushrooms, new potatoes and sweet potatoes continue to be offered in addition to honey, cheese, pasta, artisan breads, pies, cookies, cake balls, soup & dessert mixes, herb-infused sorbet, chips and salsa, granola, spice blends, pecans, spiced nuts, Texas olive oil, coffee and tea.
Find bedding plants for spring/summer color, herbs or vegetables. Look for doggie treats, custom soaps and soy candles, worm castings, worm wine or pre-order vermi-composting kits.
Be sure to check with the artisan vendors as they often add new, interesting flavors to their line-ups.
The market is held every Saturday from 8 a.m. to noon from mid-April to mid-September with a special Thanksgiving market in November. Vendors include Holleman Farms for beef, chicken, pork and eggs, Stephanie’s Cookies, Joy Farms and Lucido Pastas. Located on the parking lot between Celebration Restaurant and Market.
Fort Worth's producer-only farmers market features fresh, local produce and artisan food products, all grown or made within 150 miles. Cowtown Farmers Market has been serving the community for more than 30 years. Rain or shine, vendors set up under tents in the parking lot of Edelweiss Restaurant, on the traffic circle. for more information, www.cowtownfarmersmarket.com.
The Saint Michael’s Farmers Market will be a Saturday morning gathering place for residents of the Park Cities, Preston Hollow, Uptown and North Dallas. Open from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 Noon every Saturday through the Fall, the market will feature farm-grown produce, vegetables, and fruit, as well as numerous specialty foods.
We welcome farmers and growers who practice natural, sustainable, organic farming. The products must come from within a 150 mile radius of Dallas County to assure freshness. Special foods such as baked goods, tamales, cheeses, eggs, local honey, meats, and pastas will also be available. All vendors must grow, produce, or make at least 60% of what they sell at the Saint Michael Farmers Market.
Go here for a vendor list.
Sat, 06/30/2012 - 8:00am - 1:00pm
A bounty of fresh fruits and vegetables creates a colorful welcome to those who appreciate the "buy fresh, buy local" idea. Seasonal fruits create a spectacular palette! The freshest vegetables in North Dallas will excite your culinary talents! Also available are pasture fed beef, pork, lamb, and the freshest eggs you'll find. Buy pasta, seafood, cheesecake, muffins, gourmet items, and honey - all fresh! Every Saturday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. or sell-out. Open May 5 to Oct. 20, 2012.
Grand Prairie Farmers Market will host "Adopt-A-Pet Day" on Saturday, June 30, featuring adoptable pets from Prairie Paws Animal Shelter.
Grand Prairie Farmers Market features fresh fruits and vegetables, baked goods, coffee, tea, tamales, jellies and relishes, grass-fed meats, homemade soaps, candles and more.
The Grand Prairie Farmers Market is open March 31, 2012 through December on Saturdays 8 a.m.-1 p.m. at Market Square, 120 W. Main St., in downtown Grand Prairie. Check out the 2012 Farmers Market Calendar on our website for a listing of special events including cooking demonstrations and festivals.
More Farmers Market info: www.gptx.org/farmersmarket or call 972-237-4599.
Sat, 06/30/2012 - 9:30am - Sun, 07/01/2012 - 11:30am
TEXAS OUTDOOR FAMILY presents...
Join us at Eisenhower State Park in beautiful North Texas on Lake Texoma! Take advantage of a great, family friendly camping opportunity. We'll provide all of the camping equipment and guidance, and when you provide the family, we'll have a recipe for fun.
Facilities & Driving Directions
- Eisenhower State Park
- Individual car camping sites for each family
- Restrooms with hot showers
- Overnight State Park Police Officer providing public safety and security
- Thanks to TPWD sponsors, the basic camping equipment needed for the weekend will be provided. Participants will need to bring their own food, plates, sleeping bags and personal items. Click here for a suggested packing list: TOFPackingList
Agenda & Activities
- Credible Campers & Campsites:
- Adults: Learn Leave no Trace principles, how to pitch your tent and use stoves safely
- Junior Rangers: PEAK Program “Promoting environmental awareness in kids” to leave no Trace
- Building Base Camp: Families come together, gather equipment and build base camp for the weekend.
- Caching in on State Park Trails: Trail adventure and exploration through GPS and Geo-caching
- Fire Building and Outdoor Cooking Tips: How to safely build fires and cook on open flames / grills (conditions permitting)
- Experience the natural wonders at night: Celebrating nature’s natural night noises at State Parks
- Coffee and chat with a Park Ranger: Q&A – Learn more about parks and conservation
- Know Before You Go ... Breaking Camp and Leaving no Trace of your stay
Additonal Site Specific Activities
- Introduction to Kayaking: Learn paddling basics and try them out on the water!
- Introduction to fishing: Try to catch a fish or two in one of Texas' best fishing lakes!
- State Park Junior Ranger Certification Programs – Targeted Audience: 5-12 years of age
- Environmentally-friendly program which adopts and teaches the 'Leave No Trace' philosophy and practices
- Additional programs specifically for use and enjoyment of a state park
- A shopping list/menu will be provided; you will need to bring your own food. Click here to see the suggested shopping list: TOFPre-Materials
- Instructors will teach you how to enjoy family camp cooking.
- $65 per family (up to 6 individuals) - includes all entry and camping fees.
- You will be asked to bring your family's food for the two-day event and a suggested list of items will be provided via email.
How to Register
- Call 512-389-8903 and ask to speak to one of our "Texas Outdoor Family" customer service representatives Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. They can answer any questions you might have.
- You will receive a confirmation packet with directions and more details will be sent to you via email after you are registered for a Texas Outdoor Family workshop.
- Please note that all reservations and full payment must be made at least three business days in advance of the workshops. All fees are non-refundable.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sat, 06/30/2012 - 10:00am - 1:00pm
Family Fun on the Square explores the treasures you can find and the fun you can have in historic Downtown Garland. Bring the whole family for a day of shopping, dining, music, games and more! C B Luce & The Garland Opry will be performing county rock music on the Downtown Square, while the kids enjoy bounce houses, games, face painting and prizes. Several antique and furniture shops are within walking distance, as are a variety of great restaurants for lunch.
There will be a free showing of "Some Like It Hot," starring Marilyn Monroe, Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis, at 10:00 a.m. at the Plaza Theatre. Doors open at 9:30 a.m. and refreshments will be sold. Everything is free and includes activities for all ages.
The City of Garland hosts the event from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. on the downtown square, located at 150 Sixth Street between Main and State streets. Information: 972-205-2749 or visitgarlandtx.com.
Sat, 06/30/2012 - 1:00pm - 3:00pm
Off the Beaten Path: Summer is not typically the most desired time to go hiking in North Central Texas. However, if you prepare in advance with cooler clothes, water and a shaded trail, you can enjoy an excursion.
We have a path where you will be completely covered with shade and it is a trail that gets overlooked all the time. Join us and discover this hidden treasure that is off the beaten path.
$5 (with paid admission)/MEMBERS FREE.